Salem Street

by Kosar from Sulaimanya, Iraq

Salem Street is located in a Sulaimanya City center in the north of Iraq. It started from Mawlawi street to outside the city. Large number of youth are spending more time in this street. This street is a special place for youth; they are talking, joking and meeting each other.

the longer street in sylaimanya city (from high bulding )

Salem Street contains: shops, restaurants, local library, factories, parks, hotels, police office, hospitals, church, mosques, schools, banks and art museum.

Along the street there are trees which is ornamented by several color lights. It is wonderful in the night.

Every night we spend 2-3 hours with my best friends in this street by drinking tea from two street vendors so I like this kind of tea very much..

My hero is Salem Street. It is a modern and attractive locality for all visitors who come to our city. They can find everything they need in this place. This street is a gate of the city. It is congested with citizens and visitors, especially in Christmas and *Nawroz.

My best, Kosar