Shaun White

by Jacob from Wooster

Shaun White is my hero because he is one of the best snowboarders in the world! Not only is he good at snowboarding, but he's also good at giving back to underprivileged kids.

Shaun was born September 3, 1986 in San Diego, California. When Shaun was 1, he had 2 heart surgeries to correct a defect. Even though he had surgeries he played many sports like surfing, soccer and snowboarding. When Shaun was 7 he entered his first snowboarding contest and won. Shaun turned into a professional snowboarder at the young age of 13.

Shaun White gives good food to people who don't have money to buy food. His charity is called Yum-O! He gives them inexpensive meals to help them out. He is very kind and helpful.

Shaun White is a professional snowboarder and is amazing at tricks. He won the olympic snowboarding event for men in 2010. His victory run was amazing! He did 3 backflips at one time. His score was 48 out of 50. Shaun White is my hero because he is an awesome snowboarder and he feeds people who don't have any money for food. One day I hope to be just like him.

Yum-o! - Empowers kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking.