sidney crosby

by Emily from Bradford

I'm not trying to be the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux...I am putting pressure to my potential--that's all I can do.
this is when he won the stanley cup (bing)

Have you ever been told that you can beat a great hockey player's record..... well Sidney Crosby has and that's who I am going to tell you about. Sidney Crosby is a great influence on little kids. He is also a great role model for little kids. He is a great team player.

this a picture of him (bing)
this a picture of him (bing)

Sidney Crosby was born on August 1987 in Cole Harbour Nova Scotia. He went to Strai Drive Junior High Shattuck-Saint Mary's. He has a mom named Trina, a dad named Troy and a little sister named Taylor. Sidney was a straight A student. Sidney cared about people who had different needs, he is also a GREAT hockey player. Sidney's dad taught him how to play hockey when he was only 3. His dad taught him how to shoot, how to get the puck, pass the puck and how to save a puck. Sidney kept playing hockey when he was little, then one day he became a great hockey player.

this him playing
this him playing

My hero accomplished winning the gold for team Canada in overtime with a 3-2 score. He won the Hart trophy, the Lester B. award and the Art Ross trophy; only seven other people got it. Sidney had his first interview at the age of seven. He would put his life on the line to win a game.

this him playing (bing)
this him playing (bing)

His influences were Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and his family. They told him that he someday might be a great team player for a good team. One obstacle Sidney had was he is the youngest team captain and also he is only 6 feet tall and 200 pounds so he got pushed around. Sidney then realized he had to push back harder if he wanted to show them that he belongs there.

My hero has courage because he got pushed around by hockey players that were bigger than him. But he didn't give up, he just pushed back harder. My hero is caring because he has a heart for people who need caring and that are in the learning circle. My hero plays the game in a fair way by passing the puck and he tries not to start a fight, just to have fun.

Sidney Crosby is a great hockey player but that doesn't mean he's just a one man team. Sidney enjoys playing hockey the way it's played. There are a lot of good hockey players but I pick Sidney Crosby because I think he's great.