Sidney Crosby

by Brayden from Bradford

I'm not trying to be the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux I am just putting pressure on myself to do my best and perform to my potential and thats all I can do.
Sidney holding the cup! (flickr)
Sidney holding the cup! (flickr)

Have you met the amazing hockey player Sidney Crosby? No but I have met Steve Downie, Alex Ovechkin, Alex Tanguay, Drew Miller, Christian Hansen, Viktor Stallberg and many other hockey players but have always wanted to meet Sidney Crosby in person after a Leafs game it would be amazing!!

Sidney celebrating the big win!!! (Flickr)

Sidney Crosby was born on August 7,1987. He grew up in Cole Harbor Nova Scotia. He got his Education in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. His dad's name is Troy Crosby, his mom's name is Trina and his sister's name is Taylor. Growing up Sidney Crosby loved hockey and he started out by playing Timbits. One of the pictures in his room showed tons of medals and trophies that he has won in the past. One of the many videos of him I saw showed the dryer he use to take shots on to try to improve his shot and get it inside the dryer. The dryer which his parents still have is really banged up.

Sidney with his Dad celebrating .... (flickr)

He was influenced by his dad because his dad was drafted 240th by the Montreal Canadians. His obstacle was that he had to lead his AAA Bantam hockey team to the finals and they thankfully won!! His achievements were to make the NHL and he is now on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Then in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Sidney Crosby and the Team Canada men's hockey team won the gold medal in overtime with Sidney Crosby getting the game winning goal.

Sidney holding the cup! (flickr)
Sidney holding the cup! (flickr)

Sidney Crosby always displays honesty because he always answers questions as openly as he can. Perseverance because he always tries his best all the time and it shows, and integrity because he always sticks to his principles. He influences me by always trying hard at what he is doing and reaching for his goals which he usually accomplishes because he always tries his hardest to reach them.

Sidney Crosby with Team Canada (flickr)
Sidney Crosby with Team Canada (flickr)

As you can tell from all that I have written, Sidney Crosby is my favourite hockey player and I hope one day to meet him and make it into the NHL. I love to watch him play and although they didn't make it to the Eastern Conference Finals the one picture which I have on My Hero project is of him and Team Canada winning the gold medal at the Olympics. You can't get much better than that!

Well it looks like I have told everything I can tell you about Sidney Crosby!!!!! The End

leonetti, mike. Hockey now!. new york: firefly books, 2007. 176

Flickr. "Internet." [Online] Available www.flckr.com.