Scott Lambert

by Katelyn from Reeds Spring

A hero to me is someone that saves lives, someone that is there in a time of need, someone you feel safe around, someone you can’t live without. My hero is my dad, Scott Lambert.

When he was little, he lived in South Dakota. His family moved around a lot. He grew up with one sister, one brother, and his parents. When he got back from Europe he wanted to be in the military. When he was 21, he got into the military. They sent him to be on an aircraft carrier. He was a fire fighter, so when a plane that was on fire landed on the deck, he would have to go put out the fire. He says he is the one who risked his life the most on the carrier.

I think he puts other people’s lives before his. When he was little, he wanted to be in the military. He wanted to be an underwater diver. He was in the military two years in service and four years in reserve. He wanted to be in the military so that he could travel. He risked his life to save other people. That is why he is my hero. Maybe he can keep the tradition going to be in the military. It means a lot to me to call him dad.

“Pray for our military men and women who are serving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That is what we have to make sure we are praying for: that there is a plan, and that plan is God’s plan. So bless them with your prayers” ~ Sarah Palin 2008