Stephen King

by Amy from Peterborough

“When asked, "How do you write?" I invariably answer, "one word at a time."” - Stephen King
 (http://www.freelancewritersmanifesto.wellwrittenwords.com/only-god-gets-things-right-first-time/)

Stephen Edward King, born in 1947, married to Tabitha Spruce, is a well known author. he has written over 200 stories with 50 best sellers. He is a terrific author who writes science fiction, fantasy and horror fiction. Several of his stories have been made into movies including the Stand, It and 1408. He is a determined writer. After being hit by a car in 1999 he continues to write, but at a much slower rate. He was walking on the shoulder of route 5 when a driver, distracted by his dog, hit him. Stephen King was transported to a hospital where he stayed for nearly three weeks. The driver's van was bought by Stephen King's lawyer and two others to prevent it from appearing on ebay. The van was then sent to a junk yard, and crushed.

Stephen King's first book (www.mytalkingbooks.com/)

Stephen King is also known by many, as Richard Bachman. He released several books under that name to see if he could duplicate his success, in other words, he wanted to see if he could sell books just as well under a different name. Some people think he wrote books with a different name because before, you were only allowed to publish one book a year. Richard Bachman's books had hints in them to indicate who the real author was, many picked them up and found out Stephen King was the one who really wrote them.

(www.horrorking.com/order/index.html)
(www.horrorking.com/order/index.html)

Stephen King, I think, has a very interesting writing style. He thinks that most of the time, you cannot write a good story if you plan out how it will begin and how it will end. Most the time he will start writing with only a topic in mind, he will have no idea how the story will end. He will start writing and will allow the story to grow on its own. Also, I find it interesting how he connects his stories without making them into a series. In one book he may say something like: they heard a noise on the other side of the lake, and will leave it like that. But if you read another one of his novels, it will take place on the same lake and the story will be all about what happened on that side of the lake, perhaps giving small hints that there is something else going on on the other side of the lake.

(www.engineersedge.com)
(www.engineersedge.com)

To conclude- I Chose Stephen King as my hero because of his amazing writing abilities, determination, imagination, creativity and interesting writing style. I knew I should pick an author (as my hero) because books are a great source of information and entertainment (Stephen King's books contain both) and as Stephen King said - "Books are a uniquely portable magic"

wikipedia
think exist - stephen king quotes
stephen king - the official stephen king website