Silver Dollar City

by Hannah, Maddie, Jayne, Brielle, Stan, Mckinna, and Hunter.

Silver Dollar City employees
Silver Dollar City employees

Previously known as a hole in the ground, we have learned more about Silver Dollar City as a hero. Silver Dollar City is a theme park that was founded in 1960 by the Hurchends. Silver Dollar City is a theme park that set in the 1880’s. It is nestled in the Ozark Mountains. With over 20 rides and attractions, Silver Dollar City is known as one of the Premiere Family Parks in America. We chose to have Silver Dollar City as our hero because the whole organization takes part in the charity work around the community. Silver Dollar City has a big foundation with other charities within it. This foundation was started to bring families together. It was also started also to bring glory to God by serving him. These are the reasons that Silver Dollar City has this huge foundation. The names of the other charities are Care for Kids, Love INC, Insight Ministries Outreach, and Healthy Families Catalyst Group, and many more! Silver Dollar City employees also take part in a prayer group to find out what all God has in store for Stone and Taney County. Employees also can volunteer with these organizations if they want to. These volunteers can read to children in the public schools. Also they can go to project sites and help do projects such as painting schools. Not only can they do that but these volunteers can also become mentors to these young children that attend school in Stone and Taney County. That is why we picked Silver Dollar City to be our hero.

Silver Dollar City has many charity programs. The biggest charity that Silver Dollar City has is The Silver Dollar City foundation. This foundation also has many other charities that are smaller but make a huge difference. One of the charities is Care for Kids. Care for Kids, as you might have guessed, helps out the kids in the area. This charity was started in 2006, it meets physical, mental, and emotional needs of children that need it. This charity gifts kids with needs an amount of $100,000 per year. Also Silver Dollar City has volunteered employees become mentors for children that need a mentor. These mentors are specially matched with a child so the help is best used. This main priority of Care for Kids is to meet physical needs of children. Also they try to spread the gospel as much as they can. Not only does Silver Dollar City have the HUGE Care for Kids program but they also partnered with Love INC. Love INC. was started in 2001 thanks to a grant from the Silver Dollar City Foundation. Also this organization is partnered with local churches, ministry, and agencies. The Silver Dollar City Foundation is also partnered with Church Army Stone County since 2007. This organization is faith based that helps the poor and also people who struggle with drinking and drugs. The Foundation supports Insight Ministries Outreach. This organization is a Christian-based counseling service. Not only is that but the Foundation also partners with the Healthy Families Catalyst Group. This is a group of organizations that help with needs in families. Last but not least the employees of Silver Dollar City take part in praying for all these organizations.

With all these organizations there are many, MANY people that get help. From children to adults, no matter what age, you are able to get help. The impact is HUGE! Children are able to get their physical, emotional, and mental needs met. Not only children receive this help but so can adults. Also these programs help the employees in need. They help these families by giving them food and also giving them money that they have raised for them, also they pay off any bills that the family might have. For instance, a local family didn’t have any food or anything else for Thanksgiving. As soon as some of the employees found out about this they donated food and also paid off the bills that the family had. Not only that but they fixed the heat in the families houses. Also another example is that a worker at the welding department at Silver Dollar City has passed away recently. Silver Dollar City donated money and other stuff to the family. Also they paid off the family car and bought the mother a new bed since the man died in his sleep. This is how the incredible Silver Dollar City has helped within the community. The impact is HUGE, also the people are AMAZING!!!

In conclusion, that is our hero, why, and what they do. We all hope you have learned more about our area. Silver Dollar City is an awesome environment and place to visit. Hopefully someday you will be able to come and visit the friendliest theme park in the world. Also if you move down here and you need help, know you know how and where to call to satisfy your physical, mental, and emotional needs. Silver Dollar City is not just a theme park that wants your money; they want to help fulfill yourself. Anytime that you are in need, no matter your age, your weight, your face, Silver Dollar City will love and care for you and your needs. There is a lot more to Silver Dollar City that meets the eye. Thank you for learning about our hero.