My dog, Runo

by Sanja from Trnovo, Slovenia

Hello! My name is Sanja. I think that almost all people have a hero. They may save lives or just help you, when you are sad. My hero means a lot to me and I will present him to you.

My hero was a dog named Runo. He was an English retriever and he had a long, soft, black fur and one little white spot on his neck. He had beautiful black eyes. He liked to eat chocolates, but he didn’t like any vegetables, especially corn. He liked to jump through the ring, posing before the camera and run. Runo was very friendly, smart, intelligent, positive, kind and lots more good things.

We met Runo in Kamni Vrh, where we sometimes go for the weekend. It was one hot and sunny afternoon. We were eating very good lunch and he came to us. We gave him some food and water and he was very happy. We played with him and we had a lot of fun. He stayed with us until we had to return to our home. Then he came every time when we were in Kamni Vrh.

Runo was my hero because he was forgiving, selfless, brave, he made me happy when I was sad, he was a really good friend...

But one day, came to us a little dog named Sapi. Runo started _barking and growling. We were very scared because we thought that Runo will hurt him. Luckily nothing happened and I know that he just wanted to protect us, because he would never do something like this.

Unfortunately, Runo died a few weeks ago. I miss him so much but I know that he is now in dog’s heaven and that he is happy. But I still love him, although he is not with us anymore.

Sanja, Primary school Trnovo, Slovenia