Ronaldinho

by Adrian from Sultana

“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”
This is Ronaldinho amazed about not scoring a goa (http://www.ronaldinho-fans.com/pictures/index.php?gal=1&pic=10)

Gooooooal! Gooooooal! Ronaldinho rockets another one of his marvelous goals into the net. I chose Ronaldinho as my hero because he has shown me how he has lived his life and never ever given up. No matter what!

Ronaldinho's Trophy  (Google Images)
Ronaldinho's Trophy (Google Images)

Ronaldinho was born on March 21, 1982 in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande de Sul. It’s in Brazil so don’t worry if you can’t say it. Something that really caught my eye was when he was 13 he scored 23 goals in a game against a local team. Right now he plays for the professional club AC Milan. Ronaldinho’s father died and that was one of the obstacles he had; his father drowned in a swimming pool. Another obstacle that he had was being poor. At First I found it hard to believe that he was poor and now he’s one of the richest soccer players in the world. He didn’t let a hard childhood keep him from achieving his dream.

Ronaldinho overcame these obstacles by watching a video his father gave him. Before every game he says it gives him strength and confidence. He overcame the obstacle of being poor by playing soccer and getting paid more than 10 million dollars a year.

Ronaldhinho Playing Soccer (Google Images)

Ronaldinho has won the FIFA World player of the year award twice. He has also won the European Footballer of the year award along with the FIFPro World Player of the year award once.

So I picked Ronaldinho as my hero because he showed me to never give up even when you come from the poorest of families. He also showed me to keep on doing well in school and to do what I have a passion for, playing soccer. I will follow in his footsteps and you might even see me as one of the best soccer players in the world. YOU DO WHAT YOU DREAM!