Jerry Lee Rice

by Wyatt G from Ontario, Canada

"To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game."
Jerry Rice being himself!
Jerry Rice being himself!

Jerry Rice was a football player in the NFL. He was on the San Fransisco 49ers. He was also known as 60 minute Rice. He was born on October 13, 1962 in Crawford Mississippi. He also grew up there. He has a wife named Jackie and three kids named Jaqui, Jerry Jr. and Jada-Symone. Jerry attended B.L. Moor High School in Crawford and went to Mississippi Vally State University.

When Jerry was in high school he liked to play hooky. One day when he was playing hooky his principal went to look for him and when he called Jerry's name, Jerry got startled and took off running. The next day when Jerry went to school his principal called him to the office and paddled him six times then convinced him to try out for the football team because he saw that Jerry was very fast.

to fast for you!
to fast for you!

Jerry had many challenges in his life. Some of them are that he played in a lot of Super Bowls because in a Super Bowl, it is very stressful because it is a very important game. Another is that a lot of colleges wouldn't accept him. That's a challenge because Jerry was already trying hard and that would mean he would have to try even harder. One more is that he played in the NFL for 21 years and that would be very hard because that is a very long time for NFL players.

best friends
best friends

Jerry Rice is a hero to me because he inspires me to play football, to try hard at every sport, to keep fit and to never quit. The character traits that he displays are courage, because he played hard in 5 super bowls, and responsibility, because he was a leader on his team.

Jerry Rice is a super wide-receiver. He has over 100 records, he was in the NFL for 21 years, he won 5 Super Bowls, caught passes for 22,895 yards and 209 touchdowns. He is the BEST!