Richard Wyant

by Matthew from Tipp City

My dad and me at basketball
My dad and me at basketball

People have very different meanings of what heroes are. Some people’s heroes are somebody that everybody knows. My hero on the other hand is somebody most people won’t know, he is my dad.

My dad lived on a farm with three brothers and one adopted sister. Their farm had over 100 horses including National Champion Appaloosa horses. He was the High Point Earner in the Appaloosa Horse Club for the Walk-Trot division. He also was in 4-H and won Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champions for beef steers.

After he graduated from High School, he went to Indiana University of Bloomington from 1988-1991 and graduated with a degree in Business Administration.

In his work he went from being a successful Account Manager to Sales Manager. His work makes it possible for our family to do many things and have many of the things we want.

My Dad also spends a lot of fun time with me, my sister, and my brother. We go bike riding, fishing, and we ride on our 4-wheelers. He helps out with our kid activities and sports.

My dad has had many challenges in his life. He had to work hard on the farm, sometimes with a broken leg or nose. He has to travel to a lot of places for his work. Also his work is difficult to do.

My dad is a very nice man. He helps a lot of people out. He is an all around great guy. To me he is a great hero!