R. L. Stine

by Ollie from Westerville

R.L Stine was born October 8, 1943 in Columbus, Ohio. When R.L Stine was born, his real name was Robert Lawrence Stine.

R.L Stine had many siblings; some of their names are Pamela Stine, Matt Stine and Lewis Stine. His father’s name was Devin Stine. His mother’s name was Anne Stine.

When R.L Stine was a kid his three story house was three blocks away from the governor’s mansion. His house was also three blocks away from railroad tracks. His house had a very big backyard.

When R.L Stine went to college at Ohio State and graduated. After graduation he became a writer.

When R.L Stine got married, he married Anne [not his mom] Stine. He and Anne had a child named Mat. [not his dad]

Before R.L Stine was a writer. He worked for a magazine company. After that he worked for a major book publisher. When he was 28 he wrote novels.

When R.L Stine first became famous, he looked in his attic and found an old typewriter. Then he started writing joke books. Then he wrote in magazines.

I think R.L Stine is a hero. He made books for kids to read. He wrote books to help them learn how to read. He also helped them to love to read.

R.L Stine is still writing for kids. Right now he is working on the Ugly School Books.

R.L Stine had some major accomplishments. He was the bestselling author. And his books were translated into 28 different languages. His first scary novel was called” Blind Date”. When he was writing, World War 2 was going on.

Marcovitz, Hal. R.I. Stine (Who Wrote That?). Chelsea House Publications

Cohen, Joel H. . R.L. Stine (People in the News). Lucent Books

Inc., Scholastic. "Who is R.L. Stine." [Online] Available http://www.scholastic.com/goosebumps/books/stine/stinebio.htm.

World, Kids. "R.L. Stine Biography." [Online] Available http://www.kidzworld.com/article/5866-rl-stine-biography. 2011.