Ronald Richardson

by Andrew from Innisfil

My hero's name was Ronald Richardson. He was an engineer at ACME screw and gear York Gears and Spar Aero Space. He also survived cancer. He was raised in England and was born in 1925. He came to Canada in 1949 and he worked on the Canadian arm for space ships. In May 2007 he died in a hospital because of heart failure.

I think he has courage because he survived cancer. He survived because he had lots of cancer treatments, he was supposed to lose his teeth but he didn't, he had to drink out of tiny bottle for thirteen years.

I think he deserved respect because he worked on the Canadian Space Arm. He was respected by lots of people from restaurants and he had lots of money for all of his work as an engineer.

My grandfather was on my dad's side of the family. That's all I have to say about my hero, my grandfather. My grandfather inspired me because he is a cancer survivor. He also worked on the Canada Arm and that helped a lot of people.