Raju Ravi

by Roshni from Mississauga

My hero is my dad. He was born in Madurai, India, on the 4th of May. He has 2 daughters, me and my sister Reshmi.

My dad has one little sister. Both of his parents Raju and Anna were teachers in India. He finished his Masters in Physics In 1987. He started working in 1988, and in 1994 he got married! The same year he moved to the U.S.A. to begin working. A few years after I was born, we moved to Canada.

My dad plays soccer and coaches my soccer team in his spare time. He performs drama, and acts with me on the stage. He shows great spirit for anything and everything and is a great role model.

In U.S.A., there was a giant fire near our house. My dad was the only one who offered shelter to people. Ten to fifteen people stayed at my house for a week. I even had to share my room!

My dad has a good spirit about anything and everything. He is never lazy and he would do anything to help! He can always help a person in need. He teaches me lessons about life and things that people have to be careful of. He teaches me that life takes you where you take it. My dad is my hero!