Rosa Louise McCauley Parks

by Deema from Goodfellow

I won't get up!!

Rosa Louise McCauley Parks influenced lots of people. From Martin Luther King Jr to all most every single person who was fighting against racism. Rosa Parks was born on February 4,1913. She grew up in USA Alabama with her maternal grandparents and her younger brother Silvester. She went to an all black elementary school when she was growing up. I can imagine how hard it was for her. But she still grew up and went to the Alabama State Teachers College for Negroes.

Rosa Parks' big influence was when she and her husband joined the NAACP, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. When she joined the NAACP she got tired of everything that was going on at the time. That is probably how she got inner strength to stand up for what she believed in. That is how the whole bus problem probably happened and the big action we know her for.

The thing that influenced so many people from greatest-King Jr to normal people-children was actually on a bus and on that bus, history grew. It was after a very long day at work making clothes that she got out of her job and got on a bus. Back then the whites and blacks were separated on the bus. So when she walked on all the seats were taken, so she sat in a white's spot. When a white person got on the bus, the bus driver asked her to move and because there were no spots to move she would have to stand, and so she refused to stand. After that, she got arrested, but after all, it was worth it. She put her mark on the world and lot of others followed in her foot-steps.

The thing that amazes me the most is that what kind of will, bravery, determination, and other character traits does it take for her not to give up and back away from the problem, but stand up for what you believe. She believed it was right and it had to be done! And at the end it always inspires me to believe or think that nothing is impossible.

I believe that she did the 150% right thing to do and even though she did get sent to jail, she encouraged me and tons of other people. And even now i and millions of others love reading the story because each time you read it, the more good things that she did, you could find.

She shows lots of good examples for people all over the world for me, you, and lots of other people. She inspires people to do great things, and stand up for what you believe in.