Rosa Parks

by Kyle from Prescott, Canada

Rosa parks (google.ca)
Rosa parks (google.ca)

My hero is Rosa Parks because she stood up for human rights and even had a sentence in jail for what she stood up for. You might ask what she did. Well she refused to give up her seat to a white man on the bus. You may not find anything wrong with that but at the time in was illegal because the government didn’t give the same rights to people who are black as they did white. The government was racist to black people because they didn’t believe that black people were as good as white people.

I believe that white people and black people are the same considering one of my best friends are black and I’m white. Black people now have the same rights as white people because Rosa Parks also inspired Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks changed the world and if Rosa Parks hadn’t been born maybe black people and white people wouldn’t even be in the same school. Black or white we're all the same and everyone now knows that. Rosa Parks changed the world and inspired others to change the world.

Those kind of people are the people who make the world a better place to live in and the people who are inspired by another hero inspire others to go on in life and do great things to help the community, just like Rosa Parks who inspired Martin Luther King JR. Martin Luther King JR might inspire somebody else someday. There, is 6,790,062,216 and every moment there are more being born. Chances are lots and lots of people are going to do great things in the world. Maybe someday you can do great things in the world just like Rosa Parks did and maybe even Martin Luther King Jr.

Rosa Parks was born August 20, 1915.

The top reason why Rosa Parks is my hero is because she stood up for human rights when nobody else did. She is the reason that black people have the same rights as white people so if she didn’t stand up to the government/white people in Alabama, maybe even today we would be living in a racist world. Rosa Parks is my hero for three main reasons. Reason: she wasn’t afraid of being taken to jail. She wasn’t afraid that people would lock her up. She is my hero because she wasn’t afraid of jail she just wanted to spread her message to the world and she did. Rosa Parks lived a life of peace and prosperity. She wasn’t afraid of anything.

This is why she is my hero.

Reason two is that she stood up for people and she fought for the rights of black people. I don’t think she did it because she was black. I think she did it because she wanted everyone to live in a free country. Rosa Parks was a hero because she stood up for people and made the world a better place for black people and that is what a hero should do for the world. A hero should make the world a better place for all. Rosa Parks made the world a really better place for black people.

This is why she is my hero.

Reason three is because she had the courage to stand up to police officers. she was willing to be arrested for the cost of getting her message to the world. The message was that black or white, we all should have the same rights. Rosa Parks is my hero because she was Brave, kind and courageous. To some people she is a person who just stood up for blacks. To me she is a hero.