Ryan Hreljac

by Logan from Prescott

Ryan demonstrates lots of caring and respect for people who didn’t have clean water and were dying. I like Ryan because he put himself to work for people he had no relationship with. His first well was paid for by allowance and a little help by his parents. He has worked for charity to raise money for more wells. That’s why Ryan’s my hero.

Ryan Hreljac (LIFE.com)
Ryan Hreljac (LIFE.com)

Ryan has now raised over $1,000,000 dollars from charity. Ryan has also demonstrated perseverance by doing huge things when it started out small. Ryan has a dream just like Martin Luther King, but Ryan’s dream was and is similar; his dream is to help everyone in need of clean water. He now has over $5,000,000, which is amazing.

He has a lot of wells all over the world. His heroic deed of making all of these wells by itself is amazing. But how he did it is why he’s my hero. He put himself to work for a reason that would save lives and make life worth living in other countries. He’s still making people happier and still building wells.

Another reason he’s my hero is because he took in someone who lost his parents. That boy is Jimmy. Jimmy perseveres even in bad times. It was a very kind act to invite Jimmy into his family. Ryan and Jimmy are now brothers and best friends.

Ryan is my hero because he was so respectful, caring, resilient and he persevered. Those are some of my favourite traits. And I think he shows all of them. All of the reasons I said in previous paragraphs are what describes Ryan. That’s why Ryan is my hero!