Ricky Ray

by Lane from Morinville, Canada

Ricky Ray is my hero. He is the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club's starting quarterback. He is what influenced me to play football. He is my favorite football player. He went to Sacramento State College. He was born in Happy Camp, California. He was born on October 22, 1979. From watching him on television he has shown me how to throw and catch footballs properly. My dad also helped me learn how to play football. In the season of 2000 he didn't have the best season but he still managed to complete 168 of 270 passes thrown.

Ricky Ray has influenced my community most likely when he helped the team go to the Grey Cup finals in 2005. He helped his team win the Grey Cup in 2005. He was also the Grey Cup MVP in 2005.

If I could speak to Ricky Ray I would ask him if he could show me some of his moves? I would ask him to play catch with a football with me. I would ask him for his autograph and what inspired him to play football. I would ask him who his hero is.

I would want to be a CFL or NHL hero. I would want people to look up to me as a CFL or NHL hero.

Date of birth: October 22, 1979
Place of birth: Happy Camp, California
Positions: QB/ Quarterback
College: Sacramento State
Awards: 2005 Grey Cup MVP
Teams: San Francisco 49ers, Fresno Frenzy, Edmonton Eskimo Football Club, New York Jets
Present: Edmonton Eskimo Football Club

Ricky Ray - from the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club

After Ricky Ray heard that he was chosen as Lane's hero, Ricky made a surprise visit to Lane at his school! Lane made sure to remember to ask Ricky who his heroes were. Ricky replied, "Joe Montana and his parents for all that they had sacrificed while they were raising their family."

View a short film from GLOBAL TV on this MY HERO and iEARN Learning Circle Project.