Quaid-E-Azam

by Rameez from California

Image of Quaid-E-Azam as a younger man

Every person in this world has a hero. People have heroes because they really admire that person and they really look up to that person. They want to do what they have done and they have achieved in their life. Like every person, I also have a hero. My hero had a great personality and a great heart. His name is Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah.

Quad-E-Azam as he got older

I choose him as my hero because I really admire him. I admire his style, his personality and what he did for the Muslims of our country. He gave Muslims their freedom from the British Empire that was ruling at that time.

Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was born on Dec. 25th, 1876, to a prominent mercantile family in Karachi. He was educated at the Sindh Madrassat-ul-Islam and the Christian Mission School. Jinnah joined the Lincoln's Inn in 1893 to become the youngest Indian to be called to the Bar. Three years later, he became Bombay's most famous lawyer. He formally entered politics in 1905 from the platform of the Indian National Congress. He went to England in that year as a member of a congress delegation to plead the cause of Indian self-governemnt during the British elections.

He got us, the Muslims, freedom by forming a political group called the Muslim League. When he talked to all the Muslims around in the sub-continent at that time, he said, "We are a nation with our own distinctive culture and civilization, language and literature, art and architecture, names and nomenclature, sense of values and proportion, legal laws and moral code, customs and calandar, history and tradition, aptitudes and ambitions; in short, we have our own distinctive outlook on life and of life. By all canons of international law, we are a nation."

The Muslim league had a great impact on the nature of the Indian politics. By making the Muslim League, it shattered forever Hindu dreams of a pseudo-India. The British and the Indians were shocked at how all the Muslims came up together, asking for them to give them their own free country, which is now Pakistan.

To get the Muslim people freedom, Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah played a big role. He was the only Muslim to stand up and rally all the Muslims together so they could have their freedom on Aug. 14, 1947. Before dying on Sept. 11th, 1948, he gave the Pakistanis a last message: "The foundations of your state have been laid and it is now for you to build and build as quickly and as well as you can."

Most people also admired him and one even said, "Gandhi died by the hands of an assassin; Jinnah died by his devotion to Pakistan".

That's why I really admire him. He is like a hero to everyone in my country. This is because of what he did for our country and for the Muslims. He fought so much for us and he did so much for us that no one can ever forget. You always hear about Gandhi and how he did so much for India, but you never hear about Quaid-e-Azam who did everything to get us at the point that we are right now. He is a great freedom hero for me.

Founder of Pakistan - A biography of Jinnah by Syeda Mehrunnisa, Pakistan International School

If you change your past and work together in a spirit that everyone of you, no matter to what community he belongs, no matter what relations he had with you in the past, no matter what his colour, caste or creed, is first, second and last a citizen of this State with equal rights, privileges and obligations, there will be no end to the progress you will make.
-Muhammad Ali Jinnah