Qmot, my Pet Rabbit

by Adella from Bandung

I had a rabbit. My father gave it to me when I was in 8th grade. This rabbit replaced my lost hamster. When I received this rabbit, it was so small. This rabbit was a male. His fur was brown. His name was Qmot. I was so happy to have him.

That rabbit is my hero. He's a friend of me when I was alone. He's my playmate too. If I was sad and in trouble, I always told him my problems, though he didn't understand me, but I felt better if I told him my problem. But sometimes I forgot to feed him. And he often felt cold because he slept in the garage.

Unfortunately my mom didn’t like him. She asked me to throw him away. The main reason was that she didn't like animals. From the beginning, my mom never liked it. She disapproved a lot. Besides, its pee smells bad and I always forget to feed him. However I didn't want hurt him by throwing him away, so we all decided to take it away to my dad's office in Lembang, North Bandung. I think it was better than throwing him away.

He's taken care of by my dad's employee. Every holiday, I went there and saw him and told him my stories. Then my dad told me that it was lost. I was so sad to hear that.. I cannot find him until now. I regret that I couldn’t take care of him anymore. I feel so guilty, because I can't return his goodness in any kind of way. That rabbit is my hero.