Pablo Picasso

by Olivia from Cedar Grove

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “A hero is no braver than any other man but is braver five minutes longer.” A hero doesn’t wish something, they do something about it. Some heroes are known throughout the world. No matter how well known they are, or not, a hero is a hero because they have a dream, they are selfless, and they are persistent. Pablo Picasso is a hero to many people in Spain for his beautiful artwork.

Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga, Spain in 1881 and died in 1973. His father was an art teacher who helped him with his art work because he saw his talent. When he was a teenager, he went to Paris and learned art from Monet, Gustave Courbet, and Toulouse-Lautrec. He went through periods in art known as the Blue Period and Rose Period. When he signed his art work, he always used his mother’s maiden name, Picasso.

Picasso is considered one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. He was even asked by the Spanish government to paint a mural for the Spanish Pavilion. Pablo won a gold medal for a painting. Pablo Picasso once said, “Anything you can imagine is real.” For him this was true when he created cubism. Cubism is the fragment of three dimensional forms into flat areas. Eventually, cubism was used by French, German, Belgian, and American artists.

As a result, Pablo Picasso was a very famous artist. He possessed the qualities of brave, creative, and was a dreamer. He was brave because he created art that no one else had created, and he wasn’t afraid of what others might think. Picasso was creative because his art expressed stages his art took him through. If Picasso didn’t dream, he would not have created and he would not have given the world such art.

In conclusion, heroes are great people. It is important to have a hero or be one. Pablo Picasso was a great artist in Spain and a hero to many. It doesn’t matter who your hero is, just as long as they’re your hero.

Pablo Picasso - Biography and paintings
Pablo Picasso - Biography from Wikipedia