Pearl and Summer

by Isaiah from Wheeling, West Virginia

My dog is a hero because it has saved me from me getting hurt. My dog's name is Pearl. She comes and licks me when I come home. My other dog's name is Summer. She is very lazy. My dog Pearl is brown, and my other dog Summer is black.

My dogs are both 1 years old. This one time this other dog was attacking me and my dogs came and attacked that dog. I had a mark on my thigh from the bite. My dogs are almost like guard dogs but they're like medium size. They attacked this raccoon because it tried to get in our house.

My dogs are very playful a lot. Pearl is the one that is fast and active and Summer is the one that likes just to sit down. My dogs play with tennis balls a lot. When I throw the ball they run as fast as they can to get it. When I take my dogs for a walk they run and I almost fall over.

They go in the woods at night. They usually come back in the middle of the night. My mom lets them in and they jump on me and wake me up. In their dreams they run and when they're done they wake up and start breathing really fast. When they wake up I have to get them food, and water.

They both like me a lot. I like my dogs as much as they like me but better. The first time I got my dogs I loved them very much. The time I got my dogs they were so small, and they were 6 weeks. I think my dogs are heroes because they saved my life, and they are awesome dogs.