Anna Pavlova

by Sarah from Laguna beach

Anna Pavlova was a woman who inspired me to dance, and this is her story. Once on a day she went to a Russian ballet theater and wanted to try out for dancing, but the people who decided on the placement level for dance said that she couldn't because she was ten and you had to be twelve or more to start dancing there. So poor Anna had to go home depressed. But when she grew older she got into the studio! As she danced and performed, she was beautiful.

As her teachers watched her, they saw a beautiful girl with a great talent, but they also saw grace. So when she was in her teens they partnered her with another great dancer who was a man. They danced and performed together, and became partners.

Anna Pavlova was a great and fabulous dancer. She inspired me to be like her and take chances. And sure enough my chances lead me here where I am dancing in a famous ballet school called "Ballet Pacifica!" I am so proud of myself now that I take chances.

I chose her because I have read books about her and because she was a great woman until she died at the age of fifty. I have just loved dance, she turned me into a girl with a great talent. I was a really sad child when I read the book that said she had died.

But she taught me a very good lesson, to take chances. Anna Pavlova was a good woman, Anna Pavlova is my hero.

Anna Pavlova - From Danceworks Online