Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

by Bea Regina from SMAN 5 Bandung

I have a lot of special persons but I choose one of them. I choose PETER ILYICH TCHAIKOVSKY. He is a composer and pianist.

Tchaikovsky was born on May 7, 1840. He was born in Votkinsk. He was a pianist and a composer of opera songs and ballets. He started to do that since he was 14 years old. Wow it was fantastic. Before he became a pianist, he studied law and worked as a clerk. A the beginning, his song was not popular, but when ‘Romeo and Juliet’ appeared, all of his songs became famous.

In 1877 he married Antonina Milyukova, she was a music student at the Moscow Conservatory. In 1893 Tchaikovsky passed away because of cholera. And in 1917 his wife followed him.

I like Tchaikovsky because he started composing since he was 14 years old. For me it’s hard but he worked very hard until he became a famous composer and pianist. His song is easy to listen to, ‘the ballet swan lake , Romeo and Juliet , and the sleeping beauty’ are my favorite songs composed by Tchaikovsky. I like his music because I like classical music. For me classical music can make me relax. I want to be a pianist like Tchaikovsky, but it’s impossible for me hahaha