Paula McElhose

by Raegan from Tipp City

My hero is my mom. My mom was born in Sidney, Ohio. My mom was raised in a very strict household in Jackson Center. My mom grew up with her mom, dad, her sister Kim and her brother Tim. My mom grew up in a small town so there were only two schools, Jackson Center Elementary and Jackson Center High School. My mom went to both.

My mom grew up with over 100 family members because all her family lived in Jackson Center. Since my mom was raised in a strict household she was expected to work. My mom had to clean the house every Saturday, cook dinner every night, do dishes, and help with laundry. My mom also had to work and do chores. My mom babysat, was an office secretary, she also worked in a factory, and now she works in retail. But most of all she wanted to be a teacher.

I am inspired by my mom and my mom is inspired by her mom. My mom moved to Tipp City, Ohio, because she found true love and ended up marrying my dad and moving to Tipp City. My mom is who she is today because her dad taught her to get up everyday, work hard, try your best no matter how you felt. My mom is my hero because she loves me very much and simply because she is my mom. I love my mom!