Oprah Winfrey

by Cheyenne, Ann, Crystal, and Lexy from Reeds Spring

Our hero is Oprah Winfrey. She has inspired us to be better people. She does many good things; from supporting animal shelters, to donating money to hospitals. She has and supports many charities. She even has her own talk show. On this talk show she helps even more. She gives out free gifts to all the people in the audience, like new cars.

Oprah had a hard childhood. Now that she has a lot of money, she has empathy for those who have a hard life. She shares her money with charities and people in need. She supports charities ranging from animals to cancer patients. Here are some of the charities she supports…

One of the charities that Ms. Winfrey supports is the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton family started a foundation that helps strengthen individuals and promotes a world with peace and tolerance foundations. They help with health, economics, and education. More than 10 million people have reached a better education. Also, 48 million people have better access to health care. Some of the other people that support this charity are: Anne Hathaway, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, and Barbra Streisand.

Another charity that Ms. Winfrey supports is The Mississippi Animal Rescue League. It is the largest animal shelter, preventing animal abuse, in Mississippi. This charity is also supported by Donald Trump, Jake Glyllenhaal, John Travolta, Morgan Freeman, and Mathew McConaughey. It is a non-profit organization. The Mississippi Animal Rescue League has helped animals in need for over 40 years. Also know as MARL.

In closing we hope to be like her when we grow up; caring, rich, and powerful with a generous personality. That’s why we chose Oprah Winfrey as our hero.