Nwri Rahim

by Karwan from Sulaimanya, Iraq

my father

My hero is my father, Nwri Rahim... We are living in Sulaimanya City (the north of Iraq) in a small pretty house.

In 1986 my father lost his first wife and two children in the war between Iraq and Iran. They were living in Halabja. Then he was married again with my mother. I'm the first son from this new family.

My father cares for all his family (his wife, his sons, his daughters) He works hard for us (12 hours a day)..

My father (Nwri) is my hero. He is an oriental man, emotional, honest, brave man. I love my father and hope to be like him in the future. He is too patient for all accidents happening in his life. He treats other people gently, especially poor people. I never saw him angry.

He believes in God, always prays for God and asks him to keep our family safe from all disaster... my best, Karwan