Nina Zivkovic

by Nikola Zivkovic

my mother before cancer
my mother before cancer

Nina Zivkovic is my mother and a cancer survivor. She was born in Serbia, Beograd. She moved to Canada in the 1980's due to the war and in 1999 Serbia was bombed. In 1999 I was born and 10 years later in 2009 she had gotten cancer and was left behind in Serbia for treatment. She had gone through chemo and medicines and yet she still works around the house keeping everything in place. Due to her right breast cancer she can't lift anything over 1 pound but that doesn't stop her.

She still doesn't let cancer bother her even if it's a stressful moment she still does not give up. She is my hero because she fought for her life in a time of life and death and didn't give up no matter what happened. And she survived only with love and no stress and the only thought of being with me and my sister again. She is still and will always be a god to me. I love her no matter what.

She represents faith, belief, strength, courage and love.
She had faith that she would survive.
She believed that she would be with us again.
She went through a lot and showed strength.
She had courage because nothing stopped her and to go through all that was stressful and very horrific.
She loved us and that thought of us kept her alive.

my mother after cancer
my mother after cancer

After cancer she went out more and kept a positive attitude and didn't take life seriously. She didn't stress over the simplest things. Instead of being stressed she laughed everything off and enjoyed the moment. Probably no one would be able to accomplish such a thing.

My mother is my hero and always will be.