Nelson Mandela

by Kelvin from Mississauga

a delightful victorious picture
a delightful victorious picture

Have you been informed about a great leader from South Africa? Well if you have not let me tell you about this superior leader. He is identified as Nelson Mandela; he was born July 18th 1918. He was a former president of South Africa, and a leader of the ANC Youth League [African National Congress]. The ANC was established as a non-violent mass action to end the reign of Apartheid [the white supremacy]. Apartheid was a system of legalized racial segregation, which had limited blacks to freedoms. In addition Mandela had a mission to multiply peace and equality to all the races in his home South Africa. However, I find that this man is a hero for the efforts he made to fulfill his mission of equality and peace in South Africa. In addition he was aware of the consequences of fighting against the racial government and still took that risk. However, I see him as a hero for his courage he had with assistance from the ANC to fight against Apartheid, never giving up on his mission no matter how bad situations looked and for being an influence and inspiration to people today who are experiencing similar racial issues of rights.

Firstly I want to acknowledge that Nelson Mandela is a hero. This is because of the courage he had with the assistance from the ANC to fight against the Apartheid. A well-known fact is that the Apartheid gave the blacks no authority at all. Blacks were not liberated to share the same toilet as white man, they had to have permission to come to a white man's residential area, and they were not allowed to vote and were considered with minor value. In addition Mandela had no say in political activities, but he was educated and a member of South Africa governing party the ANC youth league. Considering he had no political authority he formed together with friends and colleagues a political party identified as the ANC Youth League. He fought with non-violence but with sabotage through courage. He had the courage to fight against the government with no political authority at all because he was black. Even though he was aware of how difficult it would be to win rights for the blacks of South Africa he still took that risk. This is why I selected him for being my hero, for his courage of knowing how difficult and hopeless it would be and was still fighting with everything he could. In addition I admire him for his intelligence for uniting with other organizations to assemble even more power within him and the ANC.

Victorious (http://www.congressionalgoldmedal.com/<br>images/NelsonMandela-collage.jpg)
Victorious (http://www.congressionalgoldmedal.com/
images/NelsonMandela-collage.jpg)

Secondly, he is a hero, for never surrendering to Apartheid no matter how hopeless the situation looked. Even though Mandela was offered the opportunity to be set free from prison but let go of the ANC and what they stood for. Simply he refused I guarantee you anyone else would have excepted the offer but, him no. However, the situation appeared impossible to get liberation and rights for the blacks. Meanwhile, Mandela and majority of the vital leaders of ANC were all imprisoned and transported to different prisons for tutoring the younger black men in prison how to fight against the Apartheid. Eventually all the hard efforts Mandela had done to sabotage Apartheid were not wasted. Vital people all over the world and South Africans pressured De Klerk [president at that time] into Mandela's release. Therefore Mandela was released and the ANC were no longer banned. This is why he is my hero because just when it seems your efforts were wasted and have no value, you never give up. Continue until you are victorious.

Thirdly, Mandela is an influence and inspiration to people today who are experiencing similar racial issues of rights. This is because his positions in political governmental associating were extremely minor but he still accomplished his mission. He proved to the world what he was saying was right. Simply by saying that what the Apartheid was doing was using South Africa for investments and depriving people of their rights. However, numerous amounts of pressure were being put on the president for Mandela's release and to unban the ANC. Therefore that gives anyone the idea to be victorious at anything they want to achieve. It gives them access to the confidence they need to obtain their victory. However, what he did can be applied to anything just remember to put an effort into it and never give up. This is why he is my hero because what he did can be looked at by anyone and anyone can be able to accomplish what they thought they would never accomplish. Or they can obtain a boost in their confidence because they believe that if hopeless situations couldn't prevent Mandela's mission a hopeless situation can't prevent them from achieving what they want. In addition from what he did anyone can learn from it and not only apply it to racial issues but other issues that involve bigger obstacles.

(http://www.poster.net/mandela-nelson/<br>mandela-nelson-photo-nelson-mandela-6206866.jpg)
(http://www.poster.net/mandela-nelson/
mandela-nelson-photo-nelson-mandela-6206866.jpg)

Personally, I believe researching about Mandela I've learned an extreme amount about handling situations that involve and revolve around handling racial issues. In my own opinion, not only can I learn how to resolve and deal with issues by researching about Mandela others can. I believe that he is my hero because of the courage he had with the assistance from the ANC to fight against the Apartheid, for never giving up on his mission no matter how bad situations appeared and for being an influence and inspiration to people today who are experiencing issues of rights. Lastly Mandela is my hero; do you find him essential enough to make him your hero too?

Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia
Nelson Mandela - Nobel Peace Prize 1993

Nelson Mandela, Oliver Tambo and Walter Sisulu were the founders of the ANC Youth League.