My Mom, Silvia

by Salma from Tampico

Mom
Mom

Being a mother is hard work. It includes responsibilities and a lot of daily work to guide a whole family. I consider my mother a hero because she is a person who can be many things at the same time; a chef, a florist, a driver, a student, and much more, and my favorite - a friend.

My mother's name is Silvia and she is 49 years old. She was born in San Luis Potosi. She loves being a mother. Everyday she wakes up with a big smile even though the day before she went to bed late. She works hard in our house to make us, her daughters, productive women. She and my father teach us values and things we will need to know for our future life.

Before she got married she worked in an office, but when she knew she was pregnant she decided that it was time to be at home, that it was much more important to be with her daughter, educating her, feeding her and raising her the right way just as my grandma did with her. So, she left her job even though she loved being a dentist.

She dedicates her whole life to us. She is our confidante, our friend and our guide in life. She helps needy people because she has an enormous heart. She goes to orphanages to give toys to the children, she gives food to the hungry, and especially on Christmas, she give toys to the poor children. She is a very happy woman. Every person that has the opportunity to know her loves her because she knows how to be a friend, but more importantly, a kind human being. I thank God every day for sending this angel into my life.

I could also have chosen my daddy, or any of my sisters as my hero, but I chose my mom because she is an example in my life, and in my future life I would like to be like her.