MY FATHER

by Mathias from Bandung

Everybody has their own hero. It can be a president, a political figure, an artist or their own parents. I have a hero too. He is my own father. My hero’s name is Ibrahim Yunus. He was born on October 7th in Malang, East Java. Although he was born in Malang, he grew up in Bandung, West Java. His father is a surgery doctor. He is the youngest son in his family, he has three older brothers but all of them have died.

Why did I choose him to become my hero? There are three reasons. The first is he already endured a heart surgery. So he has kept his body in a healthy condition. He always tries to make his body in a healthy condition and never gives up. So he can still work and finance me and my sister. That is a very big sacrifice.

The second factor is he always teaches me how to be a nice guy, always to be on time, and never miss a promise just like him. And the third, he teaches me how to drive safely, so there will be a small chance for accident and we keep together in this family.

I thank God, who has already given me a nice father that loves his family very much. And I also thank him for succeeding in my father’s surgery. He is the only one. I will always love him until the day I die. I will show him that his efforts were not useless. I will study seriously and get a good marks, in order to continue my study in the best university, and make him proud of me. Thank you, father!!!!