My Parents

by Hapsari from SMAN 5 Bandung

My Parents
My Parents

My parents are the best people that I have ever met. They teach me to be a good girl. I am the only child that they have. My mother is an energetic woman. She is so active in many social organizations. My father is a busy man. He often goes to another town for his job. Although they are very busy, they still can spend some time with me. They sometimes cancel their important business because of me.

My parents can be my strict parents, and sometimes they can be my lovely friends. They agree to listen to my teenage problems, especially if I have a crush on someone. They give me freedom with a limit, of course. I want to make them proud of me. I have joined many festivals, like Math Olympic, 'pencak silat' competition, storytelling contest, and many more. They support me to do the best, and they will comfort me if lose in the competition or contest. All that I get from my parents is not only material things, but also my intelligence, my attitude and my creativity. So when I get a success, the first people that I inform are my parents. I will show them that everything they have done for me will not be useless. I promise, I will do everything to make them proud of me. And I want to take them to Mecca for pilgrimage, because that is their wish.