Mr. Cheng

by Xiang Min and Zheng from Pingtung, Taiwan

Our school's guard (In front of  their office)
Our school's guard (In front of their office)

Introduction
Who is our hero? It is the guards in our school. And why do we regard them as our hero? There are three reasons: First, supervising a campus, isn’t an easy job. They have to work about seventeen hours a day. It’s too tiring for us. Second, they always smile at every student and teacher in our school. And sometimes they will encourage us not to be disappointed Third, they will protect us from the dangers, like strangers. Our guards are friendly and always give us a hand. And it is a feature in the high school in Taiwan. Though we don’t know each guard, they always wear a big smile. That’s why we respect them.

Interview
To be a guard is a tiring job though it doesn’t require much talent. But, they have to keep awake and energetic. If there are some urgent situations, they have to protect us from dangers.

How do they always keep awake? They always exercise. Why do they always smile? The guard Mr. CHANG tells us that they are pleased to see us happy. The feeling makes them empathetic. And what special things make them impressed? It is a car accident in front of the school’s gate. When it happened, they had to help call for the police to deal with it as soon as possible. It is no matter how serious the accident is, they will be inspired to pay more attention to save our lives. Above all, the guard’s duty of a day is really tiring, but they still do their best on it and are never slack.

Response
The guard’s work of a day is really heavy. It takes a lot of time and patience. So, it is important to keep their physical strength. It is not very easy. Though, they never show their weariness and complained to everybody, they always wear smiles on their face. It is hard for me because it is difficult to treat others with good manners when we feel tired. Therefore, they provide us a good example. So, the guard is not only my friendly senior but also my hero.