My Mother

by Dila Nur from SMAN 5 Bandung

My mother is my hero. Her name is Tini Gartini. She’s short and a little plump but I think she’s very beautiful. She’s very kind and patient. Also, she’s very strong. She never hides despite all of her obstacles. She faces them with a great effort and prays to God to help her along. I make my mother mad if I make a mistake. But it shows that she cares for me. She teaches me everything that I need as I’m growing up, so I’ll never fall in the future. She revives my spirit when I fail. She wants me to be the best for her. She looks tired because she takes care my family all day long, but she never complains because she loves my family. She is the best woman in my life. Nobody can take her place until she dies. I always promise in my heart that I will never betray her dreams. Oh…God, please help me, give her a long life so that she can see me reach her dreams. Someday, if I am still alive, I want to be a mother like her. I will always love you, mom…