My Mom

by Dita Eka from Bandung

Without my mother, I never would have been here. 9 months my mother was pregnant. In 27th June 1990, I was born. I am an only child in my family. My mother is very caring of me. She is my strength when I am weak, she is my voice when I can’t speak, she is my eyes when I can’t see. My mother is the best one and she is everything for me.

When I was a teenager, I often opposed what my mother said, I often made my mother angry, sometimes I made my mother cry. I never made my mother happy.

I remember one impressive time in my life, when I was a teenager, I was suffering from typhus. My mother took me into a hospital. In that time, I was in serious condition, I heard my mother crying loudly.. Day and night, she kept her eyes on me, she took care of me. One night I looked to see my mother was praying for me. Oh god, she cried again and again. ‘Mom, forgive me’ I don’t want to see my mother cry again, I must be healthy.

After 4 days, I checked out from hospital. The cost of the hospital was not cheap, but my mother and my father still tried to pay that for me. Since that, I promised to myself I never would hurt my mother and my father again. Thanks, God you have sent good parents for me.