Michelle

by Rachel from New York

Heroes. You think of Heroes as people as who save children, put out fires with one blow of their breath, flying, or just having any kind of super powers. But, now we need to turn away from the comic books and cartoons and see who our everyday heroes are. For example, police officers and firefighters, but there’s more to that; our family heroes; our moms and our dads. But today I’m focusing on my mother, Michelle Wik.

My mother is loyal and kind. She takes good care of my brother, my sisters, and of me. When we are sick, my mother makes sure we get our medicine and we are up and running by the next day (but she still takes us to the doctor's). She helps me with my homework, my throwing and batting for softball too.

Her hugs are as warm as a bright summer’s day. Her eyes are like the crystal blue waters of the ocean. When I look into them I feel like I’m swimming in them with love surrounding me. My mother gives me good advice and when I’m hurt she is always right beside me.

I love my mother very much and I want to make her Mother's Day special. So thank you Mom for all you have done for me. That’s why my mother, Michelle Wik, is my hero.