Marta

by Yuliya from Slonim, Belarus

My hero is Marta. She is my friend. I consider her to be a rather pretty girl. Her eyes are blue. Her hair is brown and very long.

But I appreciate her not for her appearance but for her personality. She is a very clever and witty girl who is interested in many subjects and is eager to know a lot. Marta likes to go to school. Her favourite lessons are English, Art, Maths and Handicrafts. She also likes to read books. Her favourite book is "Pippi Longstocking". I think she is confident and persistent in reaching her goals and she never loses self-control. And at the same time she is kind-hearted and generous. I can rely on her when I am in trouble. I like it when she can solve my problems. I appreciate her advice.

I admire her as she's got a wide range of interests and hobbies. Marta loves to listen to Polish music. Therefore she is fond of dancing polka. She is also a sporty girl. Her favourite sports are football and basketball. Marta also likes roller skating. She says it's fun and interesting. She can't imagine her life without animals. She has got two dogs. The dogs are very beautiful and clever. When I come to Marta we also play with dogs. We go outdoors with dogs and with her brother. Her favourite animals are birds, dogs, cats, fish, horses and rabbits. Shopping is her favourite pastime. She buys clothes, toys, ice-cream, sweets, presents and cosmetics.

I should say that we have much in common: the same interests, favourites and hobbies. We never quarrel, there's mutual understanding between us. We spend a lot of time together discussing books, films, solving our problems. We can talk about everything.