Malcom Little

by Banyan from Innisfil

I believe in the brotherhood of all men

Malcolm Little was born on May 19, 1925. He was born in North Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A. Malcolm grew up at 3448 Pinkney Street in the North Omaha neighborhood. Malcolm had four step siblings, their names were Ella, Mary, Earl, and jr. He also had six real brothers and sisters whose names in order were Wilfred, Hilda, Philbert, Reginald, Wesley, and Yvonne. He got sent to an all white school. When he was in high school he wanted to be a lawyer but his teacher said he could not because he was black.

His main influences were his parents Earl Little and Louise Helen. They were influential because they were followers of Marcus Garvey. Marcus Garvey was an ardent black nationalist who advocated self-help and unity among black people everywhere.

Some of the challenges Malcolm went through were his father getting killed in a car accident. He also had a big challenge when his mother had a nervous breakdown and his brothers, his sisters, and him got sent to a Foster Home. He was the only black kid in his school so you can try to imagine everyone in school hating you.

I feel it was important to speak for black rights because lots of sports heroes are black, Michael Jordan, Jackie Robinson and so much more. Malcolm was not afraid of censorship because I know I am afraid of censorship. He is not afraid to stand up for what is right. Even though the majority of people he was talking to hated him just because he was black and he spoke out.

Malcolm Little is my hero because he was not afraid to stand up for what he believed was right. I admire people who stand for what is right that is why my hero is Malcolm Little. Malcolm displays courage - for example he stood up in front of millions of people and talked about what is right. Malcolm Little was born on May 19, 1925 and was assassinated on February 21, 1965 at the age of 35. He was a spokesman for the Nation of Islam. He stood up for was right.