Mihai Viteazul

by Madalina Domokos, class 4C, "Emil Isac" School from Cluj-Napoca

We think Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave) was a hero because he was the ruler of Wallachia (one of the three states which formed Romania) between 1593-1602 and he was the first ruler who united the three Romanian states under one hand. One of the most important fights he had against the Turks was at Calugareni,in 1595.

I like him because he was very brave and he was one of those who helped people from Transylvania (where I am from) to fight against the Hungarian occupation.

Michael the Brave (www.wikipedia.com)
Michael the Brave (www.wikipedia.com)

This is a statue of him in Cluj-Napoca. He is riding his horse and has a sword in his hand. I love to walk in the little park around his statue and look at him- he looks very proud of his achievements.

My name is Madalina. I am 10 years old. I have a brother, he is 2 years old. I am the best student in my class, I love learning. My friends are: Nuria, Denisa, Andra, Daiana.