Margret Quiroz

by Jameson from Ontario

"Always go for your dreams, but if it does not work out I will still love you."

Characteristics of a hero to me are: kindness, the will to help those in need, and the will to put others first. My mom has all of that and more; that is why she is my hero. She is a wonderful person and always looks for the best in people. She inspires me to be my very best and go for my dreams. No matter what, she believes in me. Even though I have two hard working parents, I appreciate all the hard work she does for me and my family. She has taught me how to mature into the person I want to become and look at the best things in life.

She is also my hero because she has been through a lot; she did not have the best childhood. Her family was very poor, and she got bullied throughout all of elementary and high school. She has told me to treat others like I want to be treated, and to not let anyone put me down. Sometimes I ask my mom, "Will you love me no matter what?"  She always answers, "Always go for your dreams, but if it does not work out, I will still love you". That makes me feel good inside.

When I was only 5 years old my mom's dad, my grandfather, passed away and I will never forget the way my mom hurt. Watching her grow stronger and stronger each day encouraged me and made me think, even though there will be hard times in my life, I just have to keep going and never lose hope and sight of what is important. I will always remember and appreciate what my mom has told and taught me for the rest of my life and be inspired to go for my dreams, do best, and help those in need.