Maria Moraru, school principal

by Andreea Horhocea from Galati, Romania

My school headteacher is my hero. Her name is Maria Moraru. She was born on 5th of December in Clinceni, a district near Bucharest. She learned in different places. She did the primary school in Clinceni and then she graduated "Tudor Vladimirescu" High-school from Bucharest. After that, she followed the courses of Geography and Geology Faculty at Bucharest University.

She arrived in Galati in 1977. She taught at School No 15 between 1978 and 1997. Since then she has been teaching at School No 2. Lots and lots of pupils have learned Geography from her.

She is married and she has two children, a girl and a boy. Her daughter teaches Romanian in Bucharest and her son is a student at the University now.

Due to her interest and other people's help, we have got the "Green Flag" and now our school is an "Ecological School." She renovated the school and she gives us good advice every time we ask her.

I love Geography, I like to learn from my teacher and when I grow up I would like to teach the children the mysteries of our Planet.

The tenacity of my teacher, her professional and personal achievements convinced me to work hard and with passion to become like her in the future.