Martin Luther King Junior

by Eve Nakoberaina from Kampala

Martin Luther King Junior was a black American Baptist pastor, born on January 15 1929 in Atlanta. He became the leader of the human rights in U.S.A . He was born as Michael Luther King Junior but later changed his name to Martin. He was a pastor of Ebenezer baptist church in Atlanta and he served from 1914 to 1931.

Martin is one the men who tried to fight injustice in the United States and he did by mobilizing the people to boycott and demonstrate in non-violet protests He also organised campaigns and this act was to control racism and discrimination in parts of the United States.

Martin Luther is quoted to have said "I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in the history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation. He also said now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice and is the time to make real promises of democracy."