Martin Luther King Jr

by Danny from Prescott, Canada

My hero is martin Luther King Jr, because he is the man who convinced white people to stop the black, white segregation. He is also my hero because he had bravery, courage and he was selfless.

He was born January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. Martin’s parents were Martin Luther King Sr. and his mother’s name was Alberta Williams King. Martin Luther had to attend segregated schools and graduated from high school at the age of 15. He was inspired by Rosa Parks. You may ask who Rosa Parks is, well she was a normal woman until one day when she was on a bus and a white man wanted her seat. She refused. She was sent to jail. After that the blacks boycotted the city buses. It began and it lasted more than 300 days. That long! And soon after that the government finally stopped the black, white segregation. Blacks could finally ride on the buses equally with whites. Martin was unfortunately assassinated at 6:01 p.m April 4, 1968 when he was standing on his balcony in Memphis, Tennessee. Right before he was to lead a march of sanitation against poor black working conditions.

One good reason why Martin Luther king Jr is my hero is that he had lots and lots of bravery – I can’t believe Martin did what he did only to free black people. I wouldn’t have done it if I was him, and that is one reason why he is my hero.

Another reason why Martin Luther King Jr is my hero is because of his COURAGE- I think he had more courage than I will ever have. I’m not trying to make fun of myself but Martin Luther King Jr had SO much courage. He probably did have more courage than me.

My third and final reason why Martin Luther King Jr is my hero is because he was selfless and always thought of others before himself and would always accept consequences.

Martin Luther King Jr is my hero because he wouldn’t stop to spread the message that black-white segregation is NOT right and he would be brave enough to accept consequences and do what is RIGHT!