Mae Jemison

by Chase, Robert, Logan and Kyleigh from Reeds Spring

Mae Jemison was born in Decatur, Alabama in 1956. Mae also had an older brother and sister. Mae went to high school in Chicago. Mae loved learning about space. Mae is my hero because without her, I would not be able to learn about the things I love. By Chase B.

Mae Jemison went to school to become a doctor. She wanted to be an astronaut. So in 1985, she applied at NASA. Mae Jemison is a hero because she helps kids follow their dreams. By Robert O.

In 1987, Mae Jemison got a job as an astronaut. In 1992, Mae finally blasted into space. The shuttle was in space for eight days. Mae Jemison was a hero because she was a doctor. By Logan V.

Mae Jemison was famous for being the first African American woman to fly into space. She flew on the shuttle called the Endeavor. In 1994, Mae began a camp for kids to follow their dreams. Mae is a hero because she kept on dreaming about space until she went into space. By Kyleigh E.