Mahatma Gandhi

by Harsha

Gandhi at the Spinning Wheel (http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/gandhi-at-the-spinning-wheel/ (Margaret Bourke-White))

Mahatma Gandhi is a hero to me because of his leadership, bravery, and diligence Gandhi was born in 1869 and had died in 1948. Nathrum Ghodse had assassinated him. Gandhi is hero to me because of what he did for his country. He cared about his country so much that he stood against the British and led his country to freedom.

Mahatma Gandhi was a leader to me because he led India to freedom from the British. Gandhi was also a politician, and then he became a pre-eminent and ideological leader of India.  Gandhi was the one who led India to freedom with others who supported him. Gandhi was elected leader of the Indian national congress. Gandhi led the salt march. The salt march was for the tax of expensive British salt and if they got salt from the sea the British will put them in prison. Gandhi had boycotted the salt tax by walking with salt from the sea and marched as if he was marching to freedom!

Mahatma Gandhi did not fight with brutality; he fought with peace and care for his country. That is why I think he is brave. Gandhi fought with peace like when he petitioned the British salt tax by leading the salt march. Gandhi had never harmed or hurt anyone, not even the people who deserved it. Gandhi was the only one to stand up for his country then later on many others were amazed by his respect for his country and wisdom that they had joined him. Gandhi had decided stand up for his countrymen in South Africa when Gandhi had a first class ticket on a train and a white man said he was not going to sit next to a black man, Gandhi stood his ground and was pushed off the train. That was when Gandhi wanted to fight for Indian's rights.

Mahatma Gandhi fought for freedom of the British and brought peace to his country. Here is why I think he is diligent. Gandhi had fought for peace over more than 20 years. Gandhi had made time to go back to India and supported the home rule movement. This also means that Gandhi cared about his country and his country's freedom! Gandhi had fasted for 21 days until workers got paid more. Gandhi had never stopped thinking about India's freedom until he had died but still he got India's freedom of the British.

Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 and died in 1948. Gandhi had died because Nathuram Ghodse (a Hindu nationalist) had assassinated him. Gandhi was a Hindu but had worked for Muslim rights as well.  Gandhi fought for freedom over many years and had never stopped to not help his country. Gandhi never fought with guns or fists. Gandhi did not have a gun to shoot people or have a stick to beat up children. Gandhi had led the salt march to petition against the British salt tax. Gandhi led India to freedom and brought peace to his country. Gandhi was a leader; he was very diligent, and tremendously brave. This is why I think Mahatma Gandhi is a hero and the "FATHER OF INDIA"