Martin Luther King jr.

by Laura from Innisfil

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King Jr. was born on January 15th 1929. He was born in Atlanta Georgia. He also grew up there. His family members are, Alberta Williams King, Christine King and Alfred Daniel King. His education was segregated public schools in Georgia. He graduated at 15 years old, received B.A degree, and went to Crozer Theological Seminary. He studied the work of Gandhi.

Martin's main influence in his life was...to stop racism and change human rights for black people and white people. He wanted to stop racism because he was sick of getting treated like garbage because of his skin colour.

Martin experienced lots of challenges in his life. Like getting sprayed with water, getting attacked by vicious dogs and getting yelled at by white people. These challenges affected my hero because, he had to stay strong and think that HE CAN BE THE ONE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

I think my hero is important because, he changed the world by stopping most racism. He got black people the same human rights as white people.

Martin is a hero to me because he took a stand for what he believed in and he stood up for his people. To me he displayed two very important character traits which are... bravery and caring. He is brave because he stood up to white people. And he is caring because he risked his life for black people.