George Lucas

by Joseph from Lakefield

The Star Wars logo  (chalk pastel) by Joseph
The Star Wars logo (chalk pastel) by Joseph

George Lucas is my hero because he made STAR WARS, a great movie that changed my life. It all started when my dad and grandad let me watch A New Hope.

Darth Vader battling Obi-Wan by Joseph
Darth Vader battling Obi-Wan by Joseph

A New Hope is the first STAR WARS ever. It changed my life because of the action and story. A New Hope is a great movie about Luke Skywalker and how he learned about the force and the ways of the Jedi. In it he meets Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, C-3P0 and R2-D2, and Princess Leia. He finds out that she is his sister in later movies.

George Lucas when he was a boy and teenager. (Geroge Lucas, The Creative Impulse by Charles Champlin)

George was born in the year 1944 in the town of Modesto, California. He was in a car crash a few days before he graduated from high school and almost died. During that time he read lots of myths and found great ways to make stories.

I have loved all the Star Wars movies as well as others made by George Lucas. He is my hero because he is a great storyteller.

Star Wars: A New Hope - the offical web site for the first Star Wars film