Lisa Leslie

by Arayael from Columbia

www.lifetimetv.com/shows/<br>ip/bc/leslie.html <P>
www.lifetimetv.com/shows/
ip/bc/leslie.html

I chose Lisa Leslie as my hero. Lisa is a professional basketball player who plays for the LA Sparks. She is 6’5”, weighs 170, and plays starting center.

Lisa has played for the USA women’s basketball team, and has won 2 gold medals. Lisa is an amazing basketball player. She has a great talent. Once in a high school basketball game, she scored 101 points in the first half. The other team didn’t want to carry on to the second half. Lisa graduated in 1994 from USC, the University of Southern California. Lisa was signed to the Sparks on January 22, 1997.

Lisa was born on July 7, 1972,in Hawthore, California, two days after my own birthday. Lisa now lives in Los Angeles, but she still considers Hawthorne, where she grew up, her hometown. Lisa moved to Inglewood when she was entering high school and attended Morningside High. Nowadays, Lisa travels all over the country because of basketball. During the off season she trains at her house or in her hometown and lives with her mother.

Lisa is my hero because she played on the USA Olympic team straight after college. She didn’t even go to the WNBA first. She has won the MVP award many times. In the WNBA she was the all-time leading scorer, at 16.9 points a game. She averaged 10.4 rebounds a game in 2002. She was named to the All Star team in the Championship Game in 2002. Lisa is a fascinating woman that has a wonderful place in this world: on the basketball court. She is a wonderful role model for me and many other young girls that admire her. Even though I may not play in the WNBA or on team USA, I do know that I can always try and maybe luck will turn out for me too.

There are some interesting facts that I have learned in researching her life. For example, Lisa’s favorite foods are pork chops, corn, and rice. Her mom is 6’3” and was a truck driver. Lisa isn’t always on the court. You can also find her on the runway too. Lisa has appeared in Vogue and models Armani and Tommy Hilfiger. On July 30, 2002, Lisa Leslie made history. She was the first woman to do a one handed slam dunk during the game against the Miami Sols. Lisa fascinates and inspires me every day and she is one of my greatest heroes.