Princess Lalla Salma

by Asma Namouji from Chichaoua, Morocco

Lady Salma
Lady Salma

Our heroes are just a human beings but they are very special in their actions. My hero is the Princess Lady (Lalla) Salma. She's the wife of King Mohammad VI of Morocco and the mother of Crown Prince Moulay Hassan and Princess Lalla Khadija, who was born February 28, 2007. She was the first wife of a Moroccan king to have been given a royal title.

Salma Bennani was born May 10, 1978 in Fes (or Fez), Morocco. Her father was a university professor in the superior school of Fes. His name is Abdelhamid. She has a sister, who is a doctor (gastroenterologist), in Ibn Sina hospital of Rabat. She has almost 3 half sisters, one of them is a student in architecture in Rabat. Salma's mother's name is Naima Bensouda, she was also from Fes, and she died in 1981. That's three years after Salma's birth. She was educated by her grandmother. She was educated at a private primary in Rabat then entered a pilot class at the Lycée Hassan II. In 1995, she obtained her Bachelor, Mathematical Sciences sector.

She chairs the humanitarian association "Lalla Salma Fight Against Cancer" and is a Goodwill ambassador for (l'OMS).

She is my hero because she's just a woman from normal people and she's not from the royal family at all, and she's my hero because she's completed her studies after the death of her mother. I was very impressed by her life because if my mother died I would never have the will for complete my education like her.

In my opinion I think that she's the perfect woman, not just in Morocco but in the all countries. She's the example of a woman with great morality and good reputation.

I really respect her.