Linda Kash

by Janelle from Warsaw

Linda Kash is my hero! She is a Canadian actor who is best known for being the Philadelphia Cream Cheese angel. Although she is known for her very witty character, Linda Kash means a lot more than just that to me. She inspired me to be more open with my acting, and taught me to never be afraid of my mistakes; they are just lessons that need to be learned.

This is a headshot of Linda Kash
This is a headshot of Linda Kash

On September 22nd I had the privilege to join a improvisation workshop with Linda that lasted for 10 weeks. Over the ten weeks we did many activities to broaden our perspective on plot, character, and setting. An example of one of the activities is one called "herald." This activity was where one person sat at a typewriter and made up a story as a group of people had to act it out on the spit, as the writer called in different actors. This was very effective because it made us aware of the people and plot around us.

Linda Cash has been in many things other than the Philly commercial. She has been in many movies and series' including:

Movies: Man of The Year, Cinderella Man, The Music Man, Xxxposed, Best In Show, Ernest Goes To Africa, Waiting For Guffman, Ernest Goes To School, Ernest Rides Again and many more.

Guest Appearances on TV series: Degrassi: The Next Generation, Ellen,Everybody Loves Raymond, The Newsroom, Seinfeld, Street Legal and also many more.

Linda has also been a phenomenon in the world of Second City! She has participated in Second City for many years. Linda is also a mastermind in creating improv. skits.

Linda has also won/been nominated for many awards, including:

Won- Florida Film Critics Circle Awards, The Gemini awards for Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role Dramatic Series.

Nominated for-Canadian Comedy Award, The Gemini Award for Best Individual Performance in a Comedy Program or Series, Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards.

Linda Kash is my hero because she is not afraid to tell the truth. She once told me that "If you want to be an actor you can't be afraid to be have a lot of money at one moment and be broke the next." I never really thought about the salary of being an actress and this told me that being an actress isn't always the easiest, but if you are truly passionate about acting you will find some way to live with it. Linda Kash's teaching techniques also make it a lot easier for me to understand her, because she is patient and can always tell you what you need to work on or what you did great about your performance. Linda's sense of understanding is amazing and she is always there to help.

Linda Kash is the kind of person who I will never forget. She taught me to never be afraid of trying a new character or scene. But, most important of all, she taught me to be myself. Linda Kash is my hero!

Linda Kash - IMDb